Declaring a Major (Undergraduate)
- Majors and minors are listed on the Undergraduate Programs page, and in each department's program description.
- Each academic department will determine eligibility requirements, academic standards, and length of validity of application, with revalidation required after 7 years. To graduate after the valid application time, a student may be required to meet new major program requirements.
- Students are encouraged to declare a major as early as possible.
- Students who have completed 80 credits at St. Cloud State University and have not declared a major or a B.E.S. degree program will not be allowed to register for a subsequent term. Transfer students who completed 45 or more credits at another institution(s) before admission to SCSU, have completed 35 or more credits at SCSU, and have not declared a major or B.E.S. degree program will not be allowed to register for a subsequent term. Exceptions may be made by Advising and Student Transitions.
- Students interested in minors should contact the appropriate departments.
The contents in this catalog and other university publications, policies, fees, bulletins or announcements are subject to change without notice and do not constitute an irrevocable contract between any student and St. Cloud State University.